Sunday 7 March 2010

Snowshoeing part 2, and Mrs Bean !


Some of my regular readers of this blog may remember that Canon and I were invited to Chamonix at the start of this winter.


A great friend of mine, Joy O'Flanagan, has recently started a Snowshoeing guiding service in the Chamonix valley. I went along for a day of fun, on snowshoes, and took several photos. Joy was really keen to get some photos for her new website.


Just before I went to London last week, she emailed me and proudly gave her new website name, http://www.mountainbalance.com/ . I think she has done a great job with the website, and of course I'm dead chuffed to have been able to help with some of the photos.


I wish Joy the best of luck with her business.
From one extreme to the other now. Méribel and Courchevel today hosted the 'Valkyrie Freeride Contest'. We had some extreme skiing and snowboarding up at the Rocher de la Loze peak.


This afternoon after work I went up to the summit with Canon and had a nose around. I tried to take several photos, but soon had to stop because of frozen hands. The main reason being that it is unbelievably cold at the moment. I tried fumbling around with Canon wearing my mittens, but of course that didn't work.


There were a couple of TV camera crews up there also getting frozen solid. Here goes with a few shots, it's "spot the crazy skier" competition.


The last few mornings I've had such fun teaching Anna and Mrs Bean. I'm hiding R*th's real name, but she openly described herself as the wife of Mr. Bean. The amount of times Anna and I just burst into tears when she bumbled around. The list would be too long of Mrs Bean's adventures, but let's just say that many times each lesson unusual things happened. Often I would be talking to Anna and Ru*h about technique, when she would suddenly start sliding backwords downhill with genuine fear on her face. Both Anna and R*th progressed really well over their short weekend break. I can't wait to (I hope) see them again next winter.

It looks as though the cold weather is here to stay this week. I'd better get another batch of logs delivered to my apartment for the open fire.

Martin

1 comment:

mrbean said...

Dear Martin,
That was the most fun i've had with my clothes on - thank you so much for being such a pateint and supportive instructor - I have improved so much - you should have seen me before!

Have a great season

Regards

R. Bean (Mrs)