Sunday 28 February 2010

"Oh be Jesus", part 2.

It's time to own up. This blog isn't a one man band operation. In fact Harriet my wife has a very important role to play in the running of it.


The reason being that my spelling and grammar is often atrocious. So each time I type a post, it's really important that she is able to check everything. This happens sometimes before a post is published, but often it's after. Basically, Harriet is the all important 'Chief Editor'. This evening I received a call from her, and I could tell she was being very serious.


"Martin, have you developed Tourette's yourself just like those Dublin ladies? Why have you published the word Feck?" Hhhmmmm, I was worried about this. Both last winter and last week when teaching Mary and the others, I was constantly interrogating them into the severity of the word. They kept assuring me that is a very mild form of expression. But being English, ie not from Ireland, I found it tough to believe. But asking around, it seems to be true. Unless of course it's the wind up of the century on me.


Swearing or not, I have to admit to having a lovely birthday with them all yesterday. Thanks for the Champagne at lunch, I had a 'grand' (surely that's a safe word to use) time.

Martin

No comments: