Tuesday 26 January 2010

Day job

After work on Saturday I met up with friends Martin and Jez. Martin has been mentioned several times before on this blog, he is also a full time ski instructor.

To schedule our skiing together can take some effort, we have to double check each others lesson commitments and also check our own energy levels. So to bump into Jez , pictured above, just before we sat on our first lift was a real bonus.

I haven't skied with Jez for a long time. Last winter he unfortunately broke his leg badly whilst training for his final ski instructor exams. He was taking it easy on purpose on Saturday, trying to gradually ease himself back into skiing. It was great seeing him back on skis again after such an injury.

Back to the photos, Martin Jeffers is dressed in black from shoulder to toe. Jez is in black and blue, and I'm in red as always.

We took it in turns to be ski models and take the photos. It's actually really tough posing, ie trying to look athletic, dynamic and beautiful at the same time. I soon got in a huff and sulked deeply until I decided enough was enough. "I'm going to ski as normal and not force any stupid poses". So there !?!

We all had great fun, and stopped for an apres ski beer at the Rond Point afterwards. I didn't realise until later in the evening that Jez doesn't actually own any photos of himself skiing. Perhaps we will meet again for another session. One thing is for sure though, I'm not going to give up my day job to become a ski model.

I drive to Geneva tomorrow to pick up Harriet who is flying out on holiday for a few days. Hopefully my 'huffs and sulks' will disappear in time for her arrival.

Martin

2 comments:

The Fartster said...

Great to see you guys clearly enjoying yourself so much.Jeffers seems to get lower than you on those turns! Happy to do some ski modelling for you in two weeks time, but it would probably be the first half of a "Before and After Lessons" photoshoot. Love to Harriet

Laura Griffin said...

Hey Martin,
It's Laura Griffin, I'm now out in Kenya and it's really good to see some pictures of snow while it's so hot here!
Looks like you're having a good time working and skiing. If you'd like to read about some African adventures my blog is www.griffinlaura.blogspot.com
I've been having trouble uploading pictures but will try some more soon.
Take care, Laura