Saturday 26 December 2009

Happy Christmas

Christmas greetings from Méribel. I hope you all had a fantastic time yesterday; Harriet and I certainly did.


My last post stated that I was quiet with work this week, silly boy, how wrong was I. Loads of work came in via the school and I've had some great fun. I've taught a US Naval Officer, an Australian physiotherapist, another Australian this time a chemical engineer, a Serbian architect, an English IT guru and then back with boy racer Robbie again for some amazing powder skiing on Christmas Eve.

For the first time in twelve winters, I booked off Christmas Day. Harriet and I pootled around, opening presents etc (thanks for my new helmet and goggles Harriet). Later in the morning we prepared for skiing: Harriet on normal alpine skis, but I opted for my telemarking kit. We then skied to one of our favourite mountain restaurants for a slap up Christmas lunch with a bunch of friends. A lovely way to spend the day, especially with it snowing off and on, a real white Christmas.

Later this morning I'm skiing with Robbie's sister Olivia, who is also rather impressive on skis. Then I'll be looking forward to skiing with Arthur and his family next week.

Harriet and I would like to wish you all the very best for this festive period.

Martin

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Talking of powder skiing, I see you failed to mention your beautiful faceplant straight into the powder.

Martin Hemsley said...

Damn, you promised not to tell anyone, especially the double-ejection from bindings. It may look unprofessional. Only human !?!

julieb said...

What a lovely photo of you and of Harriet, it really suits you out there! Happy New Year! J&C x