Wednesday 15 February 2012

Newsflash

37

“What’s happened to your skiing blog?” I hear you cry. Ok, time to own up, I’m selfishly using it to advertise two events that I think you might be interested in. Firstly, I’m hugely pleased to announce the launch of my wedding photography website, www.hemsleyphotography.co.uk .

26

As most of you know I’ve absolutely loved photography for many years, and have followed and been inspired by many professional photographers involved in all areas of the industry. Many years ago my love and passion of skiing turned into an amazing career, and I’m just as motivated to make photography the same.

39

Last summer I had the amazing experience of photographing many weddings. They  took me around the UK, and one in Méribel as well.

 56 

I had the opportunity of working alongside established and respected professionals, but also being responsible for my own weddings.

10

I’ve got to be honest and say it’s normally very unusual for me to say that I’m looking forward to start of the summer already.

50

In fact, that sounds ridiculous, because this winter season is turning into one of the best ever. But, it’s so nice to be able to look forward to something once this ski season has ended. I won’t go into the details, but I’m very excited about the schedule already.

25

Please feel free to browse my website, www.hemsleyphotography.co.uk , any feedback would of course always be welcome. Now back to Méribel and the second item in this newsflash.

IMG_0412 v1

Please mark Saturday March 17th into your diary because this is when the third Coeur Blanc Challenge will be taking place. It’s a charity event which involves teams attempting to ride every single lift in the Méribel valley. This may not sound difficult, but trust me it is, I’ve taken part in the first two challenges and it has been absolutely exhausting each time, www.coeurblanc.eu .

IMG_0009 v1

Every chairlift, bubble, draglift and even the baby slope ropes and magic carpets need to be used. A huge amount of money is raised for chosen charities both in the UK and in Méribel itself. Here is a copy of some text sent to me by one of the co-founders of the event, Rory Tapner.

IMG_5881 crop

“As you may know this is an event that Pierre Taylor and I (Rory Tapner) founded in 2008. Rather foolishly I have again committed to enter a team for the 2012 Coeur Blanc, which this year will be raising money for SkillForce. SkillForce is committed to inspiring and guiding 13 – 19 year olds who based on their backgrounds run a high risk of falling into the trap of being ‘Not in Education, Employment or Training’ (NEET), and as a by-product offer full time employment to former services personnel who become instructors to the kids, see www.skillforce.org .”

 IMG_0131 v1

Every team is guided by a Méribel Ski Instructor, and I’m flattered and honoured to be asked by Rory to lead his team this year, so if you are able to, please do support us and click on the following link; www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/CoeurBlancChocolat  . Our team would fully appreciate any help you can give, especially when our thighs will be screaming in agony during the event itself.

 IMG_3993 v1

Back to normal articles again shortly. I’m having a brilliant week with the Joneses, awesome skiing in great conditions. Plus Olivia and Robbie are doing their best to finish me off by skiing as many of the couloirs as possible. We are having a day trip away from Méribel tomorrow, driving over to Champagny and then skiing across to La Plagne, hopefully avoiding too many couloirs if I can get my way. Will post again soon.

Martin

NEWSFLASH UPDATE – Thursday Feb 16th.

I went across to the Paradiski (Champagny/La Plagne/Les Arcs) ski area today with the ‘Special-Weeds’ (Joneses), and took this shot on the Bellecote Glacier. Granted it’s nothing to do with Méribel, but somehow it fits in with the Coeur Blanc Challenge, ie a photo of a ski lift above a sea of cloud at a lung busting 3,250 metres altitude. An epic day that I’ll report on shortly.

 IMG_5201

No comments: