Tuesday 5 May 2009

Charlotte the Chevreuil

After a day of decorating, I decided to go for a stroll before dinner. My faithful friend called Canon came along as well. Would we see a sunset, more spring flowers or any wildlife?

No sunset because of clouds, plenty of spring flowers to trample over, but the bonus of the evening was bumping into this young Chevreuil. Being part of the deer family means that they are very timid and nervous of us humans. But Charlotte, as I've named her, seemed very relaxed and was happy to pose for a staggeringly long five seconds before 'BOYYING', off into the trees she darted. Thanks Charlotte for this experience, I enjoyed meeting you briefly.

The resort has ground to a halt with holiday visitors. Building work has re-started, chairlifts are being serviced, even apartments are being decorated !?! Which leaves time for exploring the area on foot. I'm constantly finding new footpaths, trying to remember routes for mountain biking and walking in the summer, or even skiing off the beaten track next winter.

I love stumbling across spring flowers next to remote mountain huts and wonder what history they all have. This one was a lovely suprise, full of character, and a reflection of the Mont Vallon peak in the window.


Ian and I are still planning a final ski tour at high altitude. But we have to wait for a clear weather window of two full days up at 3,800 meters. But also away from something called the Champions League, says Ian, whatever that means? In the mean time, back to the decorating grind for me, and the occasional walk with my mate Canon of course.

Martin

PS, Harriet, I promise that the decorating list is being ticked off, honestly !?!

No comments: