Sunday 7 December 2008

Smiles Everywhere

Sunday morning and I open my eyes searching for the radio alarm clock. Through half open eyes I can see the numbers 07.20, and hear the radio come to life. Hmm, toasty warm bed............ I open my eyes again and see different numbers, 07.35. Yikes, time to get up, blimey it's cold. I bumble downstairs, yes it's colder this morning, where's that coffee pot? Time to rub my eyes again and walk to the window, WOW.

It's one of those 'heart stopping moments'. The view was fantastic, it's sunny, something we haven't seen for ages. Yesterday was the first day of the season here in Méribel, and it was a 'little' overcast, however the conditions were amazing. I managed a couple of ski runs before starting work at 10.30, a huge smile grew on my face, but then hang on a minute, everyone else had smiles as well. So it was then time to meet Jan, Karin, Jill and Cecilia.




So over the next two days I spent time talking, laughing, skiing and eating (tartiflettes!) with the girls. I had really forgotten how much fun this job was, especially to see the amount of progress people can make in such a short space of time. Today was fantastic, cold, blue skies, empty pistes, lifts working and of course those views. But then before you know it, people go back home to the UK, thankfully normally there are plenty that take their places. So, tomorrow I will catch up with Rick and Paul, and then towards the end of the week Lisa.


This week promises lots of fun in the sun, empty pistes and a bit of free skiing for me, and you never know, I may even evetually get connected to the interent again. Thanks Jan for letting me use your connection this evening. Have a great week everybody.


Martin

1 comment:

dorset said...

Great day. I've skied for 25 years and these 2 days with Martin have made a genuine difference. Thanks