Tuesday 2 December 2008

It's a great start

Hello everybody from a very chilly but white Meribel. It's soooo good being back in the mountains again, especially seeing all the fresh snow. The temperatures are very low, so there are also huge piles of artificial snow now being created, squashed and groomed by the piste bashers.

The conditions are better than normal, which means that the opening date of the resort has been brought forward a week to this weekend, fantastic! However, because I am so impatient to get on my skis, I went to Val d'Isere yesterday for my first few wobbley turns. My feet objected to being introduced to their 'home' for the next five months though, ie ski boots. Snow conditions were great, but the weather was challenging with poor visibility. But quite honestly I didn't care, I was skiing again, it's that simple.

My plan before starting work here on Saturday is to have another day or two in Val.......I'm still patiently waiting for France Telecom to restart my internet at home (I'm writing this post from a friend's machine, thanks Suzy!) Harriet is able to check my inbox regularly back in England, so I am being kept up to date with emails. Hopefully I'll be fully operational soon, in time to report back about the big opening this weekend.

No comments: