Wednesday 9 February 2011

British Ski Instructors in Méribel


Towards the end of last week I had some spare time on my hands. I took this opportunity to have a play with Canon on the snow, whilst spending time with a couple of my colleagues and their clients over two separate lessons. First off, Mike Harrison (pictured above) and his friend Gil.


Mike has skied with Gil many times before, especially last winter. Both Mike and Gil were delighted that I tagged along. It was almost a technical overkill having two ski instructors, but it became immediately apparent that both Mike and I were 'singing from the same hymn sheet' even though we used slightly different words and phrases which mean the same thing.


We went over to Val Thorens for a change of scenery and to benefit from the snow conditions there. We spoke about various disciplines within skiing, especially steering the skis in different terrain.


Speaking of different terrain, I also had a brilliant morning skiing with another British colleague, David Lindsay and his clients Tish and Elodie.


Hang on a minute, that surname of Lindsay may well ring a bell to Méribel regulars. Let me put you out of your misery here. David's father, Colonel Peter Lindsay, co-founded what is now one of the world's most renowned ski resorts in France, if not the world; a place called Méribel. So with his background and pedigree, I had huge expectations of skiing with David and his clients. Guess what, I wasn't disappointed.


Even though David teaches/guides for only two weeks each winter these days, he hasn't lost his passion for this sport. If anything, it's the complete opposite, he is like a kid in a sweet shop. He loves exploring off-piste areas and finding the best snow. Which at the moment is no small task. However, we all went over to ski the Lac du Lou itinerary starting at the Cime de Caron and had a great time.


I continue to utterly love this career. A job that enables me to be in amazing scenery, amongst people on holiday having fabulous experiences. But also a job where it's a joy and a pleasure to be surrounded by motivated, passionate and friendly colleagues all sharing the same values.

Martin

P.S. Canon and I have recently experienced plenty of Irish silliness. Keep posted !?!

P.P.S. Cheer up David, I know you are only out here in Méribel working for just a mere two weeks each year, but next winter will come round soon.


1 comment:

meribel singing said...

Nice POst and Pics , I very enjoy this thing Thanks for Share awesome trip Pics With us .